Thursday, October 21, 2010

CANDY!

Now, I'm not much of a candy hog. I prefer to space out my consumption of candy, rather than to have a sweets binge. A couple of my candy binge friends know this, because they are amazed at the amount of candy I can store from the holidays. But sometimes, I do candy binge, but only on certain sweets. So, i would like to present to you...

My favorite candy!


1. Haribo Alphabet letter Gummy Candy.                  2. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups



    



                                                  3. Nestle Crunch bar
  


4. Whoppers, the Original Malted Milk Ball







                                                          5. Sour Skittles















That's about it for my favorite candies. A pretty varied list, no? A little trivia, Haribo gummy candies actually originated in Germany. They were made by a man named Hans Riegel, and the headquarters are in Bonn. (Haribo, get it? Its an acronym) Haribo is the largest manufacturer of gummy and jelly sweets in the world.  Reese's Peanut Butter Cups were invented by a former dairy farmer and shipping Foreman of Hershey named Harry Burnett Reese. He was inspired by Milton S. Hershey (his boss), so he left the Hershey company and started his own candy business out of his basement. After his death the company was later sold to The Hershey company.Whoppers are also owned by Hershey's. Hershey bought them quite recently in fact, in 1996. There are six different flavors of Whoppers: Original (chocolate), Strawberry, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, vanilla milkshake, orange milkshake, and blueberry. Personally, I think that a strawberry, blueberry, and orange flavored Whopper is disgusting, as is the Peanut Butter and Vanilla one. Chocolate is the best :)

 There is nothing special about a crunch bar, or skittles really. I thought skittles would have an interesting story, but they really don't. So, yeah. I hope you guys enjoyed my Candy post, and as always REMEMBER STORY SUNDAY!!
 Your buddy,
Rachael


UPDATE: I have recently descovered a love for Almond Joy and Mounds. Just thought you should know, for, like, a christmas gift or something *cough* carrie *cough*.

No comments:

Post a Comment