Monday, September 6, 2010

Update on my Life: At the Beach!

Again, I am posting when i have to go to bed in the next ten minutes. I meant for this to be a long post on my time at the beach, but my computer was being slow. I swear to god, if it got any slower it would be running backwards. I went to the beach this past labor day weekend, which doesn't seem like a good idea because of Hurricane Earl. But it was actually pretty cool, because I got to see my Aunt and my cousins. Earl was basically a big cloud, not even that much rain. The beaches were closed when we got there because
the lifeguards didn't want to risk anything. It was funny, because the next day on the blackboard behind the lifeguard chair they had a little swirl drawn and a message of  "We miss you Earl!" I was having a moment because i was like "Oh no! someone died in the storm!" I asked my Mom, "Who's Earl?" because I thought she  might know who the guy who died was. She just looked at me with a "Are you serious?" expression. I was then like "OH!!" and proceeded to explain to her what made me think someone died and blah, blah, blah.

Because we couldn't swim on that day, we walked the beach and i took some random pictures. On the right is this neat picture I took of birdie footprints. There were a few seagulls and these mini-gull birds that were walking around. I thought it was just THE COOLEST THING that they made footprints. Usually the sand on the beach is dry, but because the tide was in, the water came all the way up to the fences. As you can see in the first picture, the beach looks less fluffy than usual. It actually kinda scared me, i thought the island was going to flood. I don't particularly care to drowned.
On the left is a broken shell, which I think makes a great picture. This reminds me that i can never find the swirl shells on the beach, only these clam shells. It makes me sad :(  OOHHH! Another thing i want to say! You know how some people have pebbles on their driveways? And some playgrounds have wood chips, or rubber bits? Well on the beach they use broken shells! Broken shells! I haven't really been to many beach communities, so perhaps I'm making a mountain over a mole hole, but i think that this idea is pretty neat! Anyways, on the right is another picture of a shell. I don't know what kind of shell it is, but it's purple. The glare kind of takes aways the color, but i still like it. But the coolest thing about this shell is the most obvious, it's shaped like a heart! It's not a perfect symmetrical heart, but that just adds to the cuteness! Ahhh, love it!! Remember me mentioning the birdies? Well, i took a couple picture of them too. So nice. AHHH!! The time has just raced by! Last thing, i bought a couple thing while at the beach. I bought two pins from the chocolate bar, on says "Hot Stuff" and the other is the Chocolate bar logo. The chocolate bar is a pretty neat play. There is one in NYC, so if your going there on vacation go there. And go to Dylan's candy Bar. Back to what i was talking about! The second thing i got was a pink metal water bottle with a cartoon octopus on it. In the water bottle it says "I *heart* Water". I thought it was cute, plus i wanted a water bottle for school, so my sis and i went halvsies on it. You might be able to see me with it at school! Ok, i really have to go now, so bye!!

2 comments: